Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] Problem with testing (documentation and building the testing tools)
From: Loïc Joly (loic.actarus.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-20 10:54:22

Hello,

I'm trying to get boost introduced into our source code in my new company,
but we have to support some platforms not supported by boost. Therefore, I
wanted to run regression tests on those platforms, but could not achieve
this. I switched to trying to run regression tests on one platform where I
know boost *is* supported (windows, VC++10).

First, the documentation
(file:///D:/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/regression/doc/library_status.html)
seems to be totally outdated (thank you to
http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/How-to-run-quot-library-stauts-quot-tests-td2708023.html
for helping me going forward... This post is more than two years old, but
still more accurate than the current doc):
- It mentions bjam instead of b2
- It forgets to tell that to compile everything, you should tell: b2
process_jam_log compiler_status library_status (and not just b2)
- It places library_test in the wrong folders

Then, another problem happens: The code for library_status does not compile:
..\src\library_status.cpp(633) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot
convert from 'const boost::filesystem3::path::string_type' to
'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>'
        with
        [
            _Elem=char,
            _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
            _Ax=std::allocator<char>
        ]

And several other errors similar to this one.

I tried with version 1.46.1 & 1.47.0. I'm wondering: How are you guys doing
to do boost regression testing?