Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Problem with testing (documentation and building the testing tools)
From: KTC (ktc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-20 11:24:20

On 20/07/2011 15:54, Loïc Joly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get boost introduced into our source code in my new company,
> but we have to support some platforms not supported by boost. Therefore, I
> wanted to run regression tests on those platforms, but could not achieve
> this. I switched to trying to run regression tests on one platform where I
> know boost *is* supported (windows, VC++10).
>
> First, the documentation
> (file:///D:/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/regression/doc/library_status.html)
> seems to be totally outdated (thank you to
> http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/How-to-run-quot-library-stauts-quot-tests-td2708023.html
> for helping me going forward... This post is more than two years old, but
> still more accurate than the current doc):
> - It mentions bjam instead of b2

Well, bjam was only renamed to b2 during the most recent release that
was released 9 days ago.

> - It forgets to tell that to compile everything, you should tell: b2
> process_jam_log compiler_status library_status (and not just b2)
> - It places library_test in the wrong folders
>
> Then, another problem happens: The code for library_status does not compile:
> ..\src\library_status.cpp(633) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot
> convert from 'const boost::filesystem3::path::string_type' to
> 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>'
> with
> [
> _Elem=char,
> _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
> _Ax=std::allocator<char>
> ]
>
> And several other errors similar to this one.
>
> I tried with version 1.46.1& 1.47.0. I'm wondering: How are you guys doing
> to do boost regression testing?

That depends on whether you're trying to run the test internally on any
particularly version, or more generally on trunk or release branch and
then share the result with others like at
<http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html> &
< http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/summary.html>.

Have a look at
<http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html>. It
might help you in what you want.

Regards,

KTC

p.s. In the requirements section of "Running Boost's Automated
Regression and Reporting", substitute 5GB of disk space for 50GB and
it'll be more like it.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com