Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Suddenly takes > 9hours to test?
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-06 12:38:27

On 2/6/2012 3:31 AM, Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> On Monday, 6. February 2012 06:57:33 Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been running a daily test of the Boost release branch for a
>> long time. It normally takes an hour or so. However, two days ago
>> (rev 76868), the build time shot up to over 9 hours. The same
>> thing happened for testing the Boost trunk branch.
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this?
> Yes, but I have not taken the time to debug this. The Boost.MPI tests fail
> with timeouts, e.g.
>
> capture-output
> $BOOST_ROOT/bin.v2/libs/mpi/test/skeleton_content_test-17.test/clang-
> linux-3.1/debug/skeleton_content_test-17-run
> 600 second time limit exceeded
>
> for _all_ mpi tests.

I haven't noticed because I have --timeout=5 (or so, I think) on mine.

<http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html>

But I've never seen a 1-hour regression test to begin with. Mine take 4
- 13 hours depending on the compiler. Are running things in parallel or
something? (Or running on a Cray? ;-)

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com