Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Re: Suddenly takes > 9hours to test?
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-06 12:56:23

On Feb 6, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Jim Bell wrote:

> On 2/6/2012 3:31 AM, Jürgen Hunold wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, 6. February 2012 06:57:33 Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>>> I have been running a daily test of the Boost release branch for a
>>> long time. It normally takes an hour or so. However, two days ago
>>> (rev 76868), the build time shot up to over 9 hours. The same
>>> thing happened for testing the Boost trunk branch.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else experienced this?
>> Yes, but I have not taken the time to debug this. The Boost.MPI tests fail
>> with timeouts, e.g.
>>
>> capture-output
>> $BOOST_ROOT/bin.v2/libs/mpi/test/skeleton_content_test-17.test/clang-
>> linux-3.1/debug/skeleton_content_test-17-run
>> 600 second time limit exceeded
>>
>> for _all_ mpi tests.
>
> I haven't noticed because I have --timeout=5 (or so, I think) on mine.
>
> <http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html>
>
> But I've never seen a 1-hour regression test to begin with. Mine take 4 - 13 hours depending on the compiler. Are running things in parallel or something? (Or running on a Cray? ;-)

Hi,

I neglected to mention that I made a change to the trunk build tools in rev. 76862. I tested this change set with the Sandia testers for a month so I felt pretty good about it but I'm now concerned I may have broken FreeBSD or other unix testers. This change shouldn't be in release, only in trunk. Can you try building with an earlier trunk rev. and see if the behavior improves?

I'm happy to revert the change if it's causing any problems, just let me know.

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com