Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Trunk testing (general) and MSVC11
From: Richard Webb (richard.webb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-23 12:39:59

> Hum... Something must be burning unnecessary disk space. Do you have
> an indication what is chewing up all that space?

Lots of large .obj files, and lots of (sometimes even larger) .pdb
files. (and some of the temp files are *large*. e.g. i see obj files
for the xpressive tests that are as much as 70 megabytes each).

> What are the space and time resources other testers are committing? It
> would be useful to know if something has gotten out of hand.

the results folder for my VC10 trunk tests is 41.7GB, though that drops
to 14.4GB using NTFS compression. The release branch is slightly less.

The tests take ages, but can complete over night (on a VM which has only
1 cpu core attached).

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com