Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Re: error encountered running run.py
From: Aparna Kumta (aparna.kumta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-03 12:26:34

On 10/31/14 13:30, Niklas Angare wrote:
> "Aparna Kumta" <aparna.kumta_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 10/31/14 11:31, Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:

>>> Yes, your other either email said as much. I think you may have hit
>>> resend.
>>>
>>> When my files are downloaded, the first line is the python shell,
>>> here’s the first 8 lines of regression.py.
>>>
>>> #!/usr/bin/python
>>>
>>> # Copyright MetaCommunications, Inc. 2003-2007
>>> # Copyright Rene Rivera 2007-2013
>>> #
>>> # Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
>>> # (See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at
>>> # http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)
>>>
>>> So I’m not sure why your’s has raw XML content, it shouldn’t. I
>>> suspect either your Python version is broken (it’s quite old) or
>>> your LANG is set to something bad. What’s LANG on you system? If
>>> it’s different than this, trying changing it and see if it downloads
>>> the file correctly.
>>>
>>> -bash-4.1$ env | grep LANG
>>> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>> I have LANG=C
>>
>> I changed LANG and it still didn't work. I will look into updating
>> Python.
>
> Are you behind a proxy or web filter of some kind that may be
> interfering with the download? What happens if you go to
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/boostorg/boost/develop/tools/regression/src/regression.py
> using the web browser on the same machine?
Yes, thats it. I am behind a proxy which is interfering with the download.

> Can you paste the entire contents of the downloaded regression.py or
> upload it to pastebin or something? It could be some kind of error page.
The contents read:
Handshake failed
The SSL handshake could not be performed.

*Host: *raw.githubusercontent.com
*Reason: *Can't initialize server context

I did try with --proxy set as well.

I will follow up at my end, in the meanwhile I see that I could get
sources from the tarball.
Is this something that is available? If yes, is there a pointer on how
this could be done?

Thanks,

Aparna