Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Excluding tests & setting up new platform
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-20 13:03:05

On Nov 19, 2014, at 11:55 PM, Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm working on getting support for the Haiku platform added to Boost,
> and would also like to get a box running the regression testing.

Great, welcome to Boost.

> However, before I do, is there a way I can instruct the testing to
> skip known broken tests? I ask, as a couple tests for
> Boost.Interprocess currently deadlock with 100% reproducibility, so
> running regression testing wouldn't fare so well.

One way is to use the patch_boost script to replace the status/Jamfile.v2 with a Jamfle that omits the interprocess tests:

    interprocess/example # test-suite interprocess_example
    interprocess/test # test-suite interprocess_test

So, copy the status/Jamfile.v2 to the top of your testing directory, remove those two lines (and others as needed), create a patch_boost file with execute permission, copy your localy modified Jamfile.v2 to boost_root/status/Jamfile.v2. The testing should use that file and skip your interprocess tests.

I’d also note that there is a regression testing timeout that will kill tests that run longer than 5 minutes (by default). In theory this means that the IP tests will peg the cpu for 5 minutes for each test, but then they should be killed by the testing system and the testing will move on.

HTH

— Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com