Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [python tests] tests hang (OSX)
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-27 11:00:43

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:46 AM, Raffi Enficiaud <
raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing some problems when I run the tests in $root/status/. At
> some point, apparently when testing the first python extension, the test
> seem to hang and I have to kill the process manually. I am running OSX
> Yosemite, XCode 5.1.1 toolchain.

> """
> darwin.compile.c++ ../bin.v2/libs/python/build/darwin-4.2.1/debug/object/
> function_doc_signature.o
> darwin.link.dll ../bin.v2/libs/python/build/darwin-4.2.1/debug/libboost_
> python.dylib
> darwin.link.dll ../bin.v2/libs/parameter/test/
> python_test.test/darwin-4.2.1/debug/python_test_ext.so
> """
>

> Questions:
> - is this a known issue?

Not known.

> - is it possible to know what is the call to the test and what is the test
> waiting for?

You could add "-d+2" to see the commands. Although it might print those out
after running so it might not help. And I don't remember at the moment if
there's an option to avoid the output buffering.

> - is it possible to skip all python tests?

No. There is a way to limit the tests run. But it's a positive test, i.e. a
whitelist, not a blacklist (option it --limit-tests=).

> - is it possible to specify a timeout?

Yes. The option is "-lx" where x is max seconds to allow actions to run.
Note, it's a limit on all actions, not just test actions.

> - if any of these question above have already an answer in a boost related
> web page, where should I look?

Some of them are.. But in various places.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com