Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [crystax.net] Large regression files..
From: Dmitry Moskalchuk (dm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-30 16:04:28

On 30/09/15 22:48, Rene Rivera wrote:

> $ du -ms bjam.log
> 3181 bjam.log
>

> Which leads me to suspect that the 64K output limit is not being
> eonforced in your case for some reason. Could you:
>
> a) Inspect the b2 invocation to see if the "-m64" option is getting added?

Yes, that's it! Option '-m64' is not added to b2 invocation. As I see,
this happens due to bug in regression.py. There is following code
(https://github.com/boostorg/regression/blob/develop/testing/src/regression.py#L282):

# if no -m bjam option add -m64 (limit target to 64 kb of output)
if self.bjam_options.find('-m') == -1:
    self.bjam_options += ' -m64'

And this condition is wrong, because we pass "address-model=32" (or
"address-model=64", depending on target) in bjam flags and that code in
regression.py erroneously take it as if "-mN" option was already passed.
I'll add "-m64" to b2 invocation right now, but please fix regression.py
too.

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com