Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [crystax.net] Large regression files..
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-30 17:13:41

Rene Rivera wrote:

> BTW, I'm wondering why HTML generation code depends on XML size?
> Does it
> read whole XML file in memory before parsing it?
>

> Yes, it seems the XML library the report generator uses just reads the
> entire XML into memory.

Here:
https://github.com/boostorg/regression/blob/develop/reports/src/xml.cpp#L351

It's becasue internally rapidxml is used to process the XML and this
library requires null-terminated string containing an XML. But I don't
see a reason why e.g. an istream or an InputIterator e.g.
istream_iterator couldn't be passed instead. This would require to
modify the rapidxml code that currently resides in PropertyTree but is
doable. Alternatively we could maintain a modified copy of rapidxml in
regression for now and possibly later merge the changes in PropertyTree.

Regards,
Adam

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com