Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Additional testing prerequisites
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-26 22:55:24

On 26.10.2016 22:31, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Steve M. Robbins <steve_at_[hidden]
> <mailto:steve_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:09:37 AM CDT Rene Rivera wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Steve M. Robbins
> <steve_at_[hidden] <mailto:steve_at_[hidden]>> wrote:

> preventing
> > >
> > > Right. The odd thing is, though: the results do show up for
> certain
> > > testers. Just not mine :-(
> >
> > Now I'm confused.. Which tests aren't showing up that should?
> Which are the
> > numpy tests? What should they look like when working correctly?
>

> I fixed the problem a few hours ago. So now we just need to wait for
> reports to stabilize.

yup, things look good now; thanks for the fix Rene !

> I'm looking at the develop summary for python [1] and if you look
> down the
> left side, there is a row labelled "numpy". If you look across
> this row,
> you will see most of it is blank -- including my tester "Debian
> Sid", despite
> reporting that the numpy tests run -- but a few of them are
> labelled "pass".
> The passes seem to correlate with non-gcc builds (clang or intel
> compiler).
>
> Yesterday there was just one "numpy" row, now there is "numpy" and
>

> That numpy row is the problem. It shouldn't be there, afaict.

No, that's good: there used to be a "numpy" test (which is obsoleted by
the new "numpy/*" tests), and I suppose that line will show up in the
matrix as long as at least one test run still references the old test,
i.e. isn't superseded by a new run.

> "numpy~dtype", "numpy~indexing" ... the latter are also mostly blank.
>

> Those are from the fix. And are the new tests.

Right.

> Finally: I should confess that I haven't touched my configuration
> in months,
> possibly a year or more. I use wget to obtain run.py from github
> [2]. Maybe
> that is out of date now?
>

> Should be OK. But in the past I've set up testing to download a fresh
> run.py on each run to ensure I always have all the latest code.

I think things are good now, and the white spots only reflect the fact
that there are test runs from before and from after the switch from the
single "numpy" test to the multiple "numpy~*" tests.

The only problem left is the execution of the `python run.py` command
with new git versions (2.7.4 in my case) that cause the error I reported
already.

Thanks again for fixing the above,

        Stefan

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com