Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] macOS and Android test runners
From: Florent Castelli (florent.castelli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-10 07:42:44

Hello,

While experimenting with Boost 1.63, I noticed some crashes on macOS
with the Boost Context and Fiber libraries, and failure to compile Boost
Context on Android Aarch64 with Clang.

I was wondering why those crashes were not noticed by anyone, and thus I
found the regression page and noticed the macOS runners are using
Xcode7, which probably doesn't fit the requirements marked for the tests
that would fail.
So how could I contact Sandia, the owner of the machines, to kindly ask
them to consider upgrading (or installing side-by-side) to the latest
Xcode 8.2 to match what most people probably use and find more regressions?

Also, Android devices now come in the aarch64 (arm64) flavor and I
didn't see any coverage for it, it could have caught the problem before
the release.
Same issue as before, how can I contact the owner of the CrystaX Android
test runners and ask them to add another runner for that one?

Final note, both issues I faced where reported to Boost Context and
fixed in their developer branch. All tests pass for me now!

Regards,
Florent

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com