From: Dale Peakall (dale.peakall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-05 04:43:59

Anyone had any success using the new build system with Comeau C++ on Win32
(MSVC6)?

I'm using the pre-compiled Win32 jam binary from the FreeType project. Is
this still suitable?
I noticed Dave has checked in a whole bunch of changes to SourceForge. If
not, is there an
easy way to get the whole branch out of CVS? I've only ever used the
web-interface which
doesn't seem to provide this facility.

The first problem I encountered was jam trying to use mv. After replacing
the $(MV) instructions
in the como-tools.jam with copy, I managed to get some obj files produced,
but none of the libraries
will link. First up, I noticed that the build system requires libcomo to be
in a certain location, so I
fixed that, but still nothing will link (lots of undefined external
symbols - some to boost, some to
std).

I'm a Comeau newbie, so I may have messed up building libcomo (which would
explain the
missing std symbols), but not the missing boost symbols.

Cheers,

        - Dale.