From: Paul Baxter (paul_baxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-08 04:22:07

> Last week we were having a discussion about the sort of content that
might, or
> might not belong on the Wiki. I have tried another small experiment that
might
> be a useful approach to augmenting the current boost information.
>
> The idea is to build a summary of mailing list discussion threads related
> each library (or other topics). Many of the discussion on the mailing
list can
> provide insight into the library design as well as solutions to specific
> problems not necessarily incorporated in the documentation.
>
> I built a small example for the function library.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Function_Libr
ary_
> -_Mail_Thread_Summary

Absolutely excellent, Jeff.

EXACTLY the sort of useful content I was hoping for.

How difficult was it to put together (those search links etc), because when
more users and developers add topics like that, the wiki will be a mine of
information.

Effectively it can intelligently categorise, edit and comment on existing
mailing list pearls of wisdom as well as adding new user experiences.

Once again, good work

Paul Baxter