From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-08 07:34:24

Paul Baxter wrote:
> EXACTLY the sort of useful content I was hoping for.

Good!

> How difficult was it to put together (those search links etc), because when
> more users and developers add topics like that, the wiki will be a mine of
> information.

Unfortunately, it a bit of a pain, but with a few eyes and hands nice summaries
could be created quickly. Putting in an entry is mostly cut and paste from
several browser windows (eg: run a search or the archive in one window, copy the
resulting URL and paste it into the Wiki editing window). The required syntax
to make a nice entry is a bit ugly as well. More time consuming is the
searching and scanning of the mailing list for a topic and then perhaps reading
parts of the thread to see if the content is appropriate, the title is a good
summary, etc.

Jeff