From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-31 20:22:08

At 07:06 PM 10/30/2001, Douglas Gregor wrote:

>Hello all,
> We should announce the existence of the Boost-Users group in the 1.25.1

>release of Boost. I've added a bullet to the "Latest News" entry for the
>release (just check index.htm in the top level of CVS). My two questions
>are:
> - Is there a more precise goal statement that should be in the
>announcement? (i.e., more precise that "address topics of interest to
users
>of Boost libraries", which is intentionally vague)

We really need to work over the whole page layout. The mailing lists just
aren't standing out enough. People have reported missing their
existence. And that was before we added Boost-Users.

> - Should we mention the Wiki? (with the usual not-Boost-moderated
>disclaimer)

Yes.

If anyone wants to show off their web page design skills, feel free to post
how you think the current page could be redesigned. Otherwise I'll try
something in a couple of days and post it for comments.

--Beman