From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-02 11:32:43

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., Raul Huertas <rhuertas_at_t...> wrote:
> We have recently started to use boost in Windows and we have had a
> similar problem.
> After some tries, we have sucesfully made a Multithreaded Console
> Application doing this:
>
> In C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Use run-time library
> select Debug Multithreaded DLL

I'm 99% sure this was the only problem.

> In C/C++ -> C++ Language
> select Enable RTTI

A good idea in general.

> In Link -> Input -> Object/Library modules
> clean all the entries (leave it blank)

This shouldn't be necessary.

> In Link -> Input -> Ignore Libraries
> set: libcmtd.lib, libcmt.lib, libcd.lib, libc.lib

I'm also not sure that this should be necessary.

> In the "Source Files" folder of the File View add
libboost_thread.lib.

> We have never tried to do something else than a "Multithreaded
Console
> Application".

Should be no different.

> By the way, the conditional variables doesn't seems to work in the
> 1.26.0 version of the library. We are using pthreads and boost to
make
> our programs.

The examples and test harness work fine. However, there was a bug
that would cause occasional deadlock when calling notify_one() under
certain conditions. This has been fixed and is in the CVS repository
now.

Bill Kempf