From: Raul Huertas (rhuertas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-02 10:11:04

cadenzajon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using my main compiler, VC++ 6.0, I get the following linker error:
> libboost_thread.lib(exceptions.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
> external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
> std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<ch
> ar>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)"
> Does anybody have any experience with this or ideas on what I could
> be doing wrong? I'm just starting to do multi-platform software
> design, and boost::thread would be a godsend!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

We have recently started to use boost in Windows and we have had a
similar problem.
After some tries, we have sucesfully made a Multithreaded Console
Application doing this:

In C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Use run-time library
select Debug Multithreaded DLL

In C/C++ -> C++ Language
select Enable RTTI

In Link -> Input -> Object/Library modules
clean all the entries (leave it blank)

In Link -> Input -> Ignore Libraries
set: libcmtd.lib, libcmt.lib, libcd.lib, libc.lib

In the "Source Files" folder of the File View add libboost_thread.lib.

We have never tried to do something else than a "Multithreaded Console
Application".

By the way, the conditional variables doesn't seems to work in the
1.26.0 version of the library. We are using pthreads and boost to make
our programs.

Hope you find this useful.

--
Raúl Huertas Díaz