From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-02 17:51:52

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., "Jonathan Brownell" <alphaomega_at_p...> wrote:
> Thank you all for your prompt responses. I comment further below:
>
> > > We have recently started to use boost in Windows and we have
had a
> > > similar problem. After some tries, we have sucesfully made a
> > > Multithreaded Console Application doing this:
> > >
> > > In C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Use run-time library
> > > select Debug Multithreaded DLL
> >
> > I'm 99% sure this was the only problem.
>
> I already was using the multithreaded libraries. If I had select
> single-threaded libraries, the boost::thread hpp files would have
> generated a compiler error.

The key to what I said was _DLL_. There are two multi-threaded
libraries, a LIB and a DLL version.

> I'm still flummoxed. If you have more ideas, I would really
appreciate
> them.

Insure you're linking against the multithreaded _DLL_ version of the
run-time library. If you still have problems Zip up a small example
project that's giving you problems and e-mail it to me.

Bill Kempf