From: Duane Murphy (duanemurphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-15 23:58:52

--- At Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:22:09 -0800, Duane Murphy wrote:

>--- At Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:20:59 -0500, Jeremy Siek wrote:
>
>>Why don't you create your associative array-like interface via
>>free-functions in terms of boost::array itself? Member functions are lame
>>anyways ;)
>
>I'm assuming this was tongue-in-cheek. I can already do everything as
>free functions, but the code is getting messy and reusability is
>suffering. Besides how do I do an operator[] as a free function. :-)

Well, I guess it wasnt so tongue-in-cheek. Mostly what I wanted was a
cleaner way to call equal_range (and lower_bound, upper_bound, etc) on
static table with an implied key.

Using array_traits (instead of array) as a model. I am on my way to doing
this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it might be a good one.

 ...Duane