From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-16 07:55:52

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Duane Murphy wrote:

> --- At Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:20:59 -0500, Jeremy Siek wrote:
>
> >Why don't you create your associative array-like interface via
> >free-functions in terms of boost::array itself? Member functions are lame
> >anyways ;)
>
> I'm assuming this was tongue-in-cheek. I can already do everything as

Nope, I was serious. Though since you have not yet posted the interface of
this associative array there's a good chance I have no idea what you are
trying to do.

> free functions, but the code is getting messy and reusability is
> suffering. Besides how do I do an operator[] as a free function. :-)

Why do you need an operator[]? boost::array already has one.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://www.osl.iu.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608