From: Albrecht Fritzsche (albrecht.fritzsche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-29 06:04:32

HI,

I've just downloaded the newest boost lib incl the boost-build bins
for Win32. When I invoked the building with "borland", the regexp lib
built well while the thread lib failed, among other error msg there
was a "Unknown -tCTMW" flag (or something similiar - I actually cannot
recall it more accurate).

I've just scanned the FAQ, the Wiki pags,... but cannot find any
hints. Ah, and I've read the README of the boost-build (by Vladimir
Prus?) and there was stated that his version changes the autoexec.bat
and that he's just recently learned that some Win versions don't use
this autoexec.bat.. Is this a completely out-of-date version???

Thanks for any hints why one lib builds fine (regexp) and another one
fails (thread) with this new building scheme and what I can do to get
the threads compiled. Any makefile would be appreciated, too - I am
familiar with that but unfortunately not with the Jam files, which, if
I remember correctly should ease that procedure? By the way, the regexp
comes together with some makefiles, even with a BCB5.mak for the
compiler I am using - Borland C++ Builder 5.

Ali

--
Albrecht Fritzsche, Software Developer
alfabet meta-modeling AG,