From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-29 16:36:42

> Evidently reviewers thought 20 was reasonable, and I assume that some major
> problems are solved by the 47 headers that weren't by 20. I just wondered

I was the person that raised the point in the review. I wasn't asking
for changes, b/c I didn't consider dependence on other boost libraries
to be a big issue. On projects where I have used boost we didn't try
to remove the libraries we weren't using, so this wasn't an issue.
So that's the history, unfortunately this doesn't solve your problem...

> if there was a lighter weight way in boost to do my little tokenizing task.
> Is there?

I'm sure there is. It is a matter of getting the "25 lines of actual code"
(my guess) in those 47 headers that tokenizer really needs into a small
header. I'm sure with a small effort you could do it. Perhaps you could
even find a way to improve the overall design in the process.

Jeff