From: Tom Matelich (tmatelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-30 11:49:32

I've been using the ACE_Malloc framework from ACE
(http://cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html) to solve a similar problem (sharing
statics between DLL's). It takes a little while to figure out because the
documentation is a little slim, but once you do it pays off pretty quickly.
Doxygen documentation for ACE_Malloc is at:
http://doc.ece.uci.edu/Doxygen/Current/html/ace/classACE__Malloc__T.html and
the shared_mem memory pool is at:
http://doc.ece.uci.edu/Doxygen/Current/html/ace/classACE__Shared__Memory__Po
ol.html

I ended up not having to write an STL allocator using ACE_Malloc, but I
don't think it would be too difficult. If you get it right, a lot of ACE
users would be your friend :)

Tom Matelich