From: Bruno.Voigt_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-01-30 11:46:31

> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:55:46 -0500
> From: John Maddock <john_maddock_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: 1_26_0: regex/thread on W32 build via jam?
>
> >But how do I have to change my project settings for a static executable?
> >I just changed the the lib search path to this new monster path and it
> >does not work
> >The linker is missing the vc7-re300dm.lib then.
>
> why not carry on using the libs you built from the makefiles?

Hi John,
that's what I'm doing now.
I just want to fully understand the new jam way of building/using boost,
and eg to see what is neccessary to use the 'new way'.
Will the 'old way' be deprecated someday?
Does/will the new way support static libs?

> >And how to link the boost thread stuff?
> >Is it supported for statically linked apps at all?
> Build threadmon.cpp into a dll, and the rest of the source into a static
> lib with the options you want.

Okay, thanks, I will try this combination.
bye, Bruno