From: Hook.RobertA(CC) (Hook.RobertA_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-03 22:19:58

I put the following up at source forge support, then realised that
doesn't seem to be likely to get a response....

I would have put this through the yahoo group, but I'm stuck behind a
mind-bogglingly repressive firewall. SO I'll scream for help here,
bearing in mind the dictum that in cyberspace no-one can hear you
scream.

I have download 1.27.0, and am attempting to build and use Boost under
HP-UX 11.00.

There are two problems, and I cannot tell if they are related or not.

Firstly, the install instructions along the lines of

jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -=sTOOLS="hpux"

simply produce the following (after I bodgied up a hpux-tools.jam)

+: line 1304: yacc stack overflow at keyword }
don't know how to make all
...found 1 target...
...can't find 1 target...

after smacking my head on the desk for several days, I've given up on
that one and attempted to build boost_1_27_0/libs/tuple/test/io_test.cpp
using

aCC -c +z +p $APP_INCLUDE -o io_test.o io_test.cpp

(where APP_INCLUDE is -I <yada/yada/yada> as appropriate) which results
in

"tuple_basic.hpp", line 290 # Cannot generate a specialization of
incomplete template struct STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<(bool)0>.
BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(length<cons>::value == 2); // check length =

and errors cascading after that. Looking at various messages and
comments, I believe that someone
somewhere has managed to get boost working under HP-UX, but I'm dammned
if I can. Help!

Oh yes, by the way, I'm stuck behind a repressive firewall and cannot
even *read* the message archive at Yahoo, let alone subscribe / post!
(Puts head down on desk and begins sobbing quietly)

--
Robert Hook - DCC Analyst/Programmer
Polaris Group, Information Systems Branch