From: hpenne (penne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-04 03:22:38

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., "rogeeff" <rogeeff_at_m...> wrote:
> --- In Boost-Users_at_y..., "Helge Penne" <penne_at_o...> wrote:
> > Hi. I'm working on a project where some of the unit test are very
> > inconvenient to implement with CppUnit and Mock classes or stubs
> alone,
> > but would be very simple to implement by having them print
messages
> > standard output, pipe this to a log file and diff this against a
> > reference file.
>
> [...]
> > - Helge Penne
>
> New Boost Test Library provides the convinient way to validate
output
> vs. supplied pattern file. BTL is not yet in a main branch, but for
> the latest version you can checl unit_test_development brach in CVS.
>
> See output_test_stream_test.cpp for example.
>
> Gennadiy.

Yes, the test stream is a nice class, but when you specify the pattern
file, the file will be located in the current folder. When I use jam,
the current folder will be the project root. This is not where the
pattern file belongs, it belongs in the same folder as the test code.

Putting the relativ path to the pattern file in the code for the test
program itself is not very csatisfying, so you seem to have more or
less the same type of problem that I had.

My problem is therefore still unsolved. In its most basic sense, the
problem is this: How can I make a jam rule know which folder the
target's subproject is located in? Ideally, I would like know how to
assign this folder to a variable inside the rule actions, so that the
actions can reference files inside this folder.

- Helge