From: Steven Solie (ssolie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-25 21:54:42

[My first attempt at replying seems to have failed... Try #2]

> > #define BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS
>
> The BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS define shouldn't be set for a platform. If the
> platform doesn't have threads, we just don't define BOOST_HAS_THREADS
> for that platform. So you shouldn't need this line. If you do need it,
> can you explain why?

I set it because in the "User settable options" section it implies I
should probably do that. AmigaOS doesn't support native multithreading
but the GCC compiler might assume it does. I was just playing it safe.

> > #define BOOST_NO_CWCHAR
> > #define BOOST_NO_CWCTYPE
> > #define BOOST_NO_SWPRINTF
>
> You only have to define BOOST_NO_CWCHAR. If it's defined,
> BOOST_NO_CWCTYPE and BOOST_NO_SWPRINTF are both defined for you by
> suffix.hpp. This should be in the documentation, but perhaps it's not.

I was just going through the "Boost Macro Reference" and picking off
the macros I thought applied. AmigaOS doesn't support wide characters
(yet). I didn't see any docs saying they are related to each other.

> > #define BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T
>
> This is usually a property of the compiler, not the platform, and so
> it's the responsibility of the boost/config/compiler/xxx.hpp file to set
> this. But I see that you're using GCC 2.95.3. I think that GCC 2.95.3
> does have an intrinsic wchar_t. What's going on here.

The boost/integer_traits.hpp file spit out the error "No WCHAR_MIN and
WCHAR_MAX present, please adjust integer_traits<> for your compiler."
when I tried to compile the graph library regression test suite.

I suspect the AmigaOS port of GCC 2.95.3 has turned off intrinsic
wchar_t for some reason. I'll post a question to the Amiga GCC
mailing list and see if anyone there knows anything about this.

> > 3) libs/graph/test/isomorphism.cpp
> >
> > - inline bool verify_isomorphism(const Graph1& g1, const Graph2& g2,
>
> I'm not sure why you removed this function template. It's used in
> test_isomorphism below. Could you elaborate?

The function template is already defined in boost/graph/isomorphism.hpp.
I suspect somebody has made a cut & paste error...

> > + #include <cassert>
>
> Since <cassert> and <assert.h> are identical and some platforms lack
> <cassert> we might want to use <assert.h> here even though it's a
> deprecated feature.

There are currently 25 files that use <cassert> and 3 files that use
<assert.h>. Therefore, I think <cassert> is safe to use. You might
want to hunt down those remaining <assert.h> includes and change them
to <cassert> as well.

NOTE: I used a simple grep to find this out so my numbers may not be
100% correct.

Cheers,
--Steven