From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-27 16:57:30

I just downloaded the latest version on the web site. I've never really used
CVS before, but I tried to grab what appeared to be all the relevant files for
type_traits. Now, when I try to use boost::function, I get all this:

/usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:151: parse error before `>'
   token
/usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:153: template argument 1 is
   invalid
/usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:153: `type' is not a class
   or namespace
/usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:153: ISO C++ forbids
   declaration of `type' with no type

Which points to a line that contains is_stateless<>, which I assume is
part of type_traits. So, could someone, in simple terms that a 5-year-old
could understand, tell me how to get the latest version of type_traits from
CVS? Do I actually need to download CVS software, or can I do it all
through the web interface? Thanks.

Dave