From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-27 17:47:30

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, David B. Held wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest version on the web site. I've never really used
> CVS before, but I tried to grab what appeared to be all the relevant files for
> type_traits. Now, when I try to use boost::function, I get all this:
>
> /usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:151: parse error before `>'
> token
> /usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:153: template argument 1 is
> invalid
> /usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:153: `type' is not a class
> or namespace
> /usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:153: ISO C++ forbids
> declaration of `type' with no type
>
> Which points to a line that contains is_stateless<>, which I assume is
> part of type_traits. So, could someone, in simple terms that a 5-year-old
> could understand, tell me how to get the latest version of type_traits from
> CVS? Do I actually need to download CVS software, or can I do it all
> through the web interface? Thanks.
>
> Dave

It sounds like you have a partial version of Boost 1.27.0, because the
is_stateless trait is in 1.27.0. You can try a partial updates using the
web-based CVS, but anything more than a small update is quite tedious.
First go to the browseable CVS repository at:

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/boost/

You can navigate to boost/boost/type_traits, and then click on the
"object_traits.hpp" header file (where is_stateless is located). Then you
can look for the version that says: CVS Tags: Version_1_27_0, RC_1_27_0

Click "view" to see this version of the source code, and you can save it
locally.

I would still advise you to get the Boost 1.27.0 tarball again and unpack
it instead of going through all of this hassle.

        Doug