From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-24 08:33:51

> I'd like to build boost for VC7. I've followed several of the threads that
> detail some of the problems that people has faced and the solutions that
> have been found.

Boost is a big library. Most parts should work fine with VC7. Since you have been tracking the
problem areas, you might want to get familiar with some other parts of the library and just wait for
the next release. Note that many boost libraries don't require any 'building' as they are header
only libraries.

> Being the first time that I use boost:
>
> -How do I get access to a "free" CVS client that I can use on my machine and
> some information on how to use it? I'm familiar with SourceSafe on Windows
> platforms and I'm running Windows 2000 at home, Windows XP in my office.

See http://www.cvshome.org/

For a GUI client for windows:
http://www.wincvs.org/ (unavailable at the moment)

> - Is it worth it to build 1.27, or should I wait for a "minor point"
> (1.27.1??) release or should I download the sources and go from there? It
> seems that there have been several changes made to 1.27.0 to accomodate VC7.

Boost releases are every month or two. Given the Feb 5th release we might expect that 1.28 would be
pretty soon. That said, there haven't been any rumblings on the developer list about getting out a
new release.

HTH,

Jeff