From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-07 22:43:52

"cs_jritchie" <cs_jritchie_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I am new to Boost, and only downloaded Jam and Boost yesterday
> (Monday, May 6, 2002). Perhaps the removal of FAIL_EXPECTED wasn't
> complete. Here are the links to the files that I downloaded:
>
> www.boost.org/boost_all.tar.gz
> http://boost.sourceforge.net/jam-executables/bin.solaris/jam.gz
>
> I also tried again
> with 'http://boost.sourceforge.net/release/boost_1_27_0.tar.gz' and
> got the same results...

Agggh, yes. This is due to the fact that we updated the jam executable on
the website after FAIL_EXPECTED was removed in the CVS... So the executable
you have is compatible with the current CVS state but not with the 1.27.0
release. We'll have that fixed in a week at most.

In the meantime you can do one of the following:

1. Use the current CVS state of boost (recommended, though you might need
step 2 as well)
2. Rebuild your jam from the sources in $(BOOST_ROOT)/tools/build/jam_src by
invoking make there.

Sorry for the rough start,
Dave