From: Aza Lsaja (asalsaja_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-10 01:28:39

Hi, I'm new on this list as well as on C++ world.
I try to install boost library but failed. This is what I did:

[Win98, MSVC 6.0 without service pack]
1. Download and extract the zip file to root directory. I have
C:\boost_1_27_0 now. (success)

2. Download Boost.Build for windows from sourceforge, unpack and
installing, reboot (success)

3. go to c:\boost_1_27_0 directory, then execute this in command
prompt: jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -sTOOLS="msvc" (fail)

the dos prompt yield many lines but I cant read it. It's too
fast. I think it's error messages. Or maybe I missing some
procedure? please let me know.
I guess my compiler is broken and I need MSVC service pack. But, I
can't download it at this time.

Acctually, I just want to use the boost's regex library. Can I
compile the regex manually (by the IDE) so I can use it with
include ( #include <boost/regex.hpp> ) in my codes?
If yes, how?

Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me. Thanks.
Aza

   Hosting menjadi lebih mudah dan murah dengan keringanan 50% biaya registrasi
   mail hosting dan webhosting selama bulan Juni 2002.
   Klik http://idc.plasa.com untuk pendaftaran