From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-19 13:57:39

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., Tobias McNulty <tmcnulty_at_d...> wrote:
> At 7:12 PM +0000 6/18/02, bill_kempf wrote:
> >--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., "tmcnulty1982" <tmcnulty_at_d...> wrote:
> >> boost::recursive_mutex::scoped_lock is crashing with some
> >> unknown exception in its destructor, no matter whether the lock
> >> is locked or not. Has anyone else experienced this problem and
> >> possibly have a solution?
> >
> >Nope. Several questions for you. What compiler/platform? Have
you
> >run the regression tests in $BOOST_ROOT/libs/thread/test? Does the
> >regression test produce the same exceptions?
> >
> >Bill Kempf
> >

> Win2k with Metrowerks CodeWarrior 7. I ran the regression test,
> which reported "no errors detected".

I don't have access to Metrowerks, so it's going to be difficult for
me to determine if this is a compiler specific issue. However, if
the regression tests pass, it's not likely. Can you reduce the code
to a short example that reproduces the issue?

> There is no requirement that the mutex be used in a boost thread is
> there? I'm using CodeWarrior to build this library, but my final
> application is run by Sun's JRE 1.4.0 and also contains some legacy
> Visual C++ code. The mutex is used on a Java thread (which maps to
> native Windows thread).

No, there's no requirement that the mutex be used in a boost thread.
This trouble report surprises me, and I hope that together we can
discover what the issue is. We'll have to find a reproducable
example to do so, however.

Bill Kempf