From: Eric Reaburn (ereaburn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-20 20:43:31

This looks like a similar problem I had. I'm also using C++ Builder 5 with
patch 1.

I was using regex from Boost 1.25.0 but when I upgraded to 1.28.0 I got
run-time errors (specifically bad_alloc). I had no problems compiling and
running the test and example programs.

Eventually I discovered that I had to uncomment the following two macros (in
user.hpp in boost/regex) and recompile the regex libraries:

// define this if no template instances are to be placed in
// the library rather than users object files:
#define BOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES

// define this if the forward declarations in regex_fwd.hpp
// cause more problems than they are worth:
#define BOOST_REGEX_NO_FWD

Now everything's just dandy!