From: aegp2002 (adalbert.perbandt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-17 04:04:46

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., Douglas Gregor <gregod_at_c...> wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 July 2002 09:00 am, aegp2002 wrote:
> > ../../../boost_1_28_0/boost/cstdint.hpp:202: too many `l's in
integer
> > constant
> > ../../../boost_1_28_0/boost/cstdint.hpp:205: #error defaults not
> > correct; you must hand modify boost/cstdint.hpp
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Without the -pedantic option everything works fine. As far as I
> > understand I cannot use the option anymore for code that
references
> > BGL #includes. Is this a known problem and is there -- maybe -- a
> > workaround?
> >
> > I'd like to use -pedantic because it helps me write standard
> > conformant code.
>
> Have you tried adding -Wno-long-long? The basic problem is that
-pedantic
> disallows the long long integral types, which are _very_ common
extensions in
> C++ compilers that we tend to rely on.

Thanks a lot for the hint. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.
I studied the gcc manual and found that your statement is absolutely
correct and -Wno-long-long should do the trick but I do get the same
error during compile. I could place the -W-option before or behind
-pedantic in the g++ command line but no success.

I revisited the description of the -pedantic option and do think now
that I could leave it out from now on.

Regards,

Adalbert.