From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-17 13:13:50

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., "sdussin" <sdussin1_at_t...> wrote:
> I just downloaded Boost and am trying to do some development using
> it. Our product will be developed and fielded on both Win2K and
> Solaris.
>
> So far I've been using Boost solely on VC6, and I have a question
> regarding building the threads library. I've gotten the build to
run
> correctly, but it doesn't seem to build a DLL version of the
library.
> I looked in the both the runtime-link-static and runtime-link-
dynamic
> dirs, and both contain only a .LIB version of the library. Is there
> something I'm doing wrong here? Or am I misunderstanding what
should
> be generated?

I don't follow you here. You built it correctly on what platform
with what compiler?

Currently the Boost.Threads build process creates static link
libraries on most platforms. On the Win32 platform it also generates
an extra DLL and its import library as an unfortunate necessity for
implementation of TSS.

So... on all platforms you should get a libboostthread.lib static
library and on Win32 you should also get a boostthreadmon.dll and
boostthreadmon.lib import library.

> Any clarification or pointers would be greatly welcomed.
>
> Thanx,
> Steve Dussinger

Bill Kempf