From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-20 07:03:04

> I was running into problems with min and max being macros when attempting
> port my code to .NET. When I went to look at visualc.hpp, I saw that
> NOMINMAX was only defined when _MSC_VER <= 1200. My break seems to have
> happened where a boost file was included, then a windows header came in,
so
> the macros were enabled.
>
> I know we are not supposed to rely on Boost.Config in our code, but it
sure
> is nice :).

I've modified the config system so that NOMINMAX is defined in the win32
platform configuration rather than for VC6 specifically, likewise the undefs
for min and max are in there now as well, hopefully this won't break
anything ... :-)

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm