From: Noel Llopis (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-20 15:35:32

I've read through all the other previous messages dealing with
problems with Regexp and VC++, but I wasn't able to find a
good answer for my problem.

I compiled Regexp++ without any problems. I added the correct
directory path for the libraries, so that happens automatically
(in my case it links with boost_regex_vc6-stlport_mssd.lib
(multithreaded, static run, static link, debug).

However, as soon as I try to use any regexp function or class from
my code, it comes back with a link error. For example, trying to
use the RegExp class, I get:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
boost::RegEx::RegEx(class _STL::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits
<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const &,bool)" (??
0RegEx_at_boost@@QAE_at_ABV?$basic_string_at_DU?$char_trai
ts_at_D@std@@V?$allocator_at_D@_STL@@@_STL@@_N_at_Z)
bin/XXXXXX.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Can anybody guess as to what might be wrong? I'm using VC++ 6.0
with the latest upgrades and STLPort 4.5.3.
Thanks.

--Noel
llopis_at_[hidden]