From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-15 10:24:01

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 07:11 pm, sen_al2002 wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a newbie to all this programmer stuff. I am a physics
> student doing some computer simulations.
> I was trying to use the special function atanh from boost libraries
> but couldn't.
>
> The error message reads
> d:\boost_1_28_0\atanh.hpp(77) : error C2989: 'atanh_helper1_t<T,0>' :
> template class has already been defined as a non-template class
>
> Some advised me to update my VisC++ ver 6.0 compiler.
>
> How can I do that?
>

> Does anybody out there have any better advise?

Unfortunately, there really isn't any better advice at this time. The special
functions library (including atanh) requires a compiler that supports class
template partial specialization. Unfortunately, no publicly available version
of the Microsoft C++ compiler supports partial specialization, so this won't
work with your compiler, and upgrading won't even help. (Unless "upgrading"
to you involves switching to another compiler vendor)

        Doug