From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-02 21:54:19

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Marc Cromme wrote:
yg-boo>
yg-boo> But this get us back to the original question:
yg-boo>
yg-boo> 2) An N-ary ordered tree is such a basic concept that it is funny
yg-boo> that neither STL or Boost offers it. Would it be welcome by the
yg-boo> Boost community if it get proposed and
yg-boo> included into the Boost libs ???
yg-boo>

I for one would like to see trees in boost. There's several variations
that would be nice

  both ordered and unordered
  N-ary, where N is fixed at compile time, and the same for every node
  N-ary, where each node can have a different run-time specified
    number of children

Also, I'd like the tree interface to jive with the graph interface.
There's a couple files in the graph library that are the start of
a basic interface for trees:

boost/graph/graph_as_tree.hpp
  This file adapts any BGL graph to have a tree interface, that is,
  have a children() and a parent() function.

boost/graph/tree_traits.hpp
  A basic traits class for accessing the node descriptor type and
  the children iterator type.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608