From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-03 22:02:36

I don't understand the reason for mapping boost::functions with different
return type signatures ? What does it get you since to pick up the correct
return value you must know exactly what each return type is for each map
entry and there is nothing in the map entry itself to tell you this except
the name. So you end up hard-coding knowledge of each entry in the map based
on the name into your code. Doesn't sound like it gets you anything as far
as design goes. Perhaps there is something wrong in your design that
necessitates something like like this ?