From: Jim.Hyslop (jim.hyslop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-17 12:49:38

John B. Williston [mailto:yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]] wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:40:53 -0400, Douglas Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> >Could you copy 'n' paste some of the link errors you are
> getting? It seems
> >like you did the right thing (at least, I don't know of a
> better way), but
> >perhaps knowing what symbols are being redefined would help
> isolate the
> >problem.
>
> I sure can. The following is the compile output:
>
> --------------------Configuration: TestFs - Win32
> Debug--------------------
> Compiling...
> Main.cpp
> Linking...
> LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring /INCREMENTAL due to /FORCE
> specification
> msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP60D.dll) : warning LNK4006: "public: __thiscall
> [...] already
> defined in Main.obj; second definition ignored

I've typically found these errors when you have mixed the run-time library
usage, or MFC usage. One part of your project wants to link in the C
run-time library as a DLL, but another part of your project wants to link it
in as a static library.

Make sure that all the projects, including the ones that build any libraries
you're linking with, use the same "Use runtime library" option (Project |
Settings, "C/C++" tab, "Code Generation" category), and also that all
projects use the same "Microsoft Foundation Class" option (on the General
tab).

--
Jim