From: Mark Storer (mstorer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-18 15:44:24

Using exceptions in this way just bugs me. Religious reasons I guess. As
the Esteemed Mr. Hylsop ;) mentioned earlier, exceptions are for "oops".
This seems alot like the whole "do{}while(0)" with various 'break'
statements sprinkled in to avoid multiple returns/nested ifs. Useful, but
Just Not Right.

Your code has cooties! Nobody's going to want to sit next to it during
recess...

>So there's no way to affect feedback to the algorithm's dispatcher
>without actually making modifications to the algorithm code.

So modify away. Seems like a "breath_first_until" sort of thing would be
quite useful. Pass in some sort of predicate, and away you go. I'm sure
the community at large would be grateful.

--Mark Storer
  Software Engineer
  Cardiff Software

#include <disclaimer>