From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-15 13:40:09

David wrote:
> The linker is complaining about an undefined reference to
> boost::gregorian::greg_month::as_short_string() const and
> boost::gregorian::greg_month::as_long_string() const
>
> using g++ 3.0.4
> g++ test.cpp -o test -DDATE_TIME_INLINE

These get built into the libboost_date_time.a which needs to be included in your link line. So add something like:

 -L BOOST_TOP/libs/date_time/build/bin/libboost_date_time.a/gcc/debug/runtime-link-dynamic -lboost_date_time

Feel free to move the library somewhere with a shorter path :-)

If you haven't built the library you will need to go /libs/date_time/build and run bjam to produce the library. Just microseconds
after 1.29.0 was released I realized that I forgot to update the top-level boost Jamfile....

Jeff