From: Fernando Cacciola (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-18 16:26:43

> "Fernando Cacciola" <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having a hard time trying to use bjam to build boost 1.29.0.
> > I have Win98 in Spanish, and I use Borland C++ Builder 5.0 (its
bcc32.exe
> > corresponds to is BCC5.5.1)
> >
> > I have boost 1.29.0 installed at: "C:\Libraries\boost\Repository\boost"
>
> <snip>
>
> > If I'm interpreting this output correctly, the problem is that the
command
> > line feed to bcc32 exceeds 256 characters.
> >
> > What can be done about this?
> > Is there a way for 'borland-tools.jam' to put the bcc32 parameters in a
tmp
> > response file and use: bcc32.exe @tmprsp.rsp?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Fernando,
>
> Unfortunately, bjam is somewhat limited by the underlying shell used
> to actually run the build commands. We've had a hard time getting it
> to cooperate with Win9x for that reason. John Maddock has had some
> success by building and running bjam under Cygwin, which has no
> command-line length limitation. I'm not sure whether it can be made to
> run the Borland toolset that way or not, but I know that John targets
> Borland so it's a good bet.

OK, this might work... thank you.

The only problem is that the cygwin-bjam that I've just downloaded from:
http://www.boost.org/tools/build/index.html#Jam

yields an Access Violation when executed from within my cygwin installation.
My cygwin bash.exe it's version 2.04.0(1)-release.

Do you know if I require an updated version of cygwin, or is there a problem
with the bjam executable?

TIA,

--
Fernando Cacciola