From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-23 05:44:40

> You shouldn't be touching BOOST_ROOT. Where does this /cygdrive/d/
> business come from? When I build using a cygwin bjam there are no
> absolute paths.

I don't know where it comes from! BOOST_ROOT is unset when I invoke bjam,
but internally bjam is setting it to an absolute path:
/cygdrive/d/boost/develop/boost. I haven't been able to override this.

> > and the SUFOBJ SUFLIB etc are all set wrong.
>
> That's easy enough to work around on the command-line with
>
> -sSUFOBJ=.obj -sSUFLIB=.lib
>
> Or you can do it in the environment.

Granted, but it's a pain to have to do this, and obviously newbees won't
know anything about it...

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm