From: Joshua (animedemon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-23 15:35:13

Well after one of my buddies at work fiddled around with it in C++ we finally figured out that you can't use the SGI STL by itself since it has problems playing nice with VC++, it was then that we discovered that STLPort IS essentially the SGI STL except that it works. So we installed STLPort and Boost and surprise surprise, its happy and seems to be working now (only instantiated a vector or shared pointers but that compiled and ran). So now I have the wonderful shared pointer and my happy hash sets (barring any problems trying to reimplement it at home).
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)
Joshua.