From: Thomas Maeder (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-15 10:15:37

"John Maddock" <john_maddock_at_[hidden]> writes:

> No, strangely regex does build on Red Hat with gcc3.2, and on my Suse7
> system with gcc 3.2, so I don't really know what the issue is, if you can
> find a fix I would be happy to apply it though...

No fix, but worse news:

I have built gcc 3.2.1 on SuSE 8.1, and it builds regex (with a lot of
warnings). But I can't use the result. I had to remove all calls to
regex_match (that used to work just fine on e.g. SuSE 7.2 / gcc 3.0.4),
because it overwrites memory it shouldn't, causing crashes, e.g. when
dereferencing overwritten pointers.

Since I can compile here, I might be of help for debugging, though. If
you have a test program that you'd like me to build and run and tell you
about the result, just send it to me.