From: Felix E. Klee (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-19 05:25:24

Hi,

from the Boost.Build documentation it is not clear to me whether Boost.Build
is a system specifically designed for building Boost libraries or whether
it is a general purpose build system. For example in the "Getting Started"
section there are examples for setting up an independent project whereas in
the "Design Criteria" section it is shown that Boost.Build was specifically
designed for building Boost libraries. Now I wonder whether it is wise to
use Boost.Build for non Boost projects or whether I should set up my own
build system based on the original Perforce Jam (eg. because Boost.Build
might become tightly integrated with Boost in the future).

Felix